Saturday, February 20, 2016

Kester's Thoughts on the New Adventure

Family and Friends,

Kester didn't waste any time writing out some of his thoughts about our plan to return to Haiti.  Like their parents, all of our kids have a nerdy streak.  These are his words...

K-man...still young enough to play legos, but old enough to write a blog post!

"Moving to Haiti"  by Kester Grimm

I am really excited that God has called us to move to Port-au-Prince, Haiti.  When I first heard that we were moving to Haiti, I was sad.  I was going to lose my friends in Luverne.  I probably won't ever see them again.  God has called us, though, so I know it is the right thing, even though it is hard.  It's going to be quite an adventure.  I know I will make new friends in Haiti, and I can still talk to some of my friends in Luverne with my Ipod.  I'm hoping that I can play one more year of baseball in Luverne, and do well!  Whatever happens, I know it is God's will and He will guide us through everything.  I am glad that I have a great family (including Cookie, our dog) that will be on this adventure with me.

I really wish I could take all my things to Haiti, but I know that won't happen.  At least we have Cookie!  I will miss a lot from America, but I will find a lot of good things in Haiti, too.  I am really looking forward to playing futbol, or soccer as we call it.  I probably won't be as good as any of the Haitians, but it will be a learning experience.  I will miss baseball in Haiti, and like I said, I hope I can play one more year of it in Luverne.  I know that God will see us through our adventure!


Please pray for the kids as they process this calling and transition towards the big move.

Be blessed today as God calls you to step out of the boat...
-Grimm Family Adventurers

1 comment:

  1. Hi K - Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the new adventure! Grandma and I will be praying for all of you all the way! Please send us the baseball/softball schedules for all of you kids so we can try to come for a game or two. Much love to all. Grandpa BW

    ReplyDelete